Tracker code

Friday, September 24, 2010

London - part 1

I landed in London at 6:30am on Friday, Sept 24th. I immediately got on the Heathrow Express to Paddington then took the Hammersmith & City to Kate's house! She gave me a cup of tea and some cheese on toast and like that - I was back and settled in England. And for lunch we walked to an amazing Indian restaurant in Whitechapel. And look - Team Sky cycling - whoo hoo!


The new London cycling scheme.


Jen being a tourist.


Kate in Covenant Garden


We went to see Dirty Dancing at 5pm (in case I fell asleep). Back in the West End!


Checking out Fashion Week at Somerset House


How I miss the baskets of flowers on pubs...




On Saturday, we went to Liverpool Street then to Old Spittalfiels Market for some brunch.








The view from Kate's flat before leaving for Marlybone Station to take the train to Bicester North (of course there was track work on the weekend so i took a bus from High Wycombe the rest of the way).


Hanging out at the Pearson's on a Saturday. With George (4), Stuart and Grace (8)


Henry (6) & Maria. Last time I was here was on Henry's 4th Birthday and it was the last day we were in the UK and its just been Henry's birthday again last week!



Heading into Buckingham for some curry, a castle and a pint with my old colleague Stuart!




Get this - Stuart has chickens now. Hee-hee - village life! But I had to help put the neighbors BIG chickens in for the night which entailed chasing them around and cornering them so Stuart could catch them. And they could fly. Ew!


On Sunday, I took the train from Oxford to Wokingham to hang out with JB and his family. I even got in some quality puzzle time with John Cameron.


Erin, Louise, JB & John Cameron - before we had a lovely traditional Sunday roast with root vegetables from JB's allotment!

No comments: